The Privacy Notice
Why we need to process data
In order to carry out our ordinary duties to our staff and clients, we may process a wide range of personal data about individuals as part of our day to day operations. Some of this activity is carried out in order to fulfil its legal rights, duties and obligation including those under contract with its staff and clients. Other uses of personal data will be made in accordance with our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interest of another, provided that these are not outweighed by the impact on individuals, and provided it does not involve special or sensitive types of data.
Aran Vet Centre Ltd. expects that the following uses will fall within the category of its legitimate interest:
- To provide on-site veterinary services to clients and supply the necessary medication
- To provide you with necessary disease updates that may affect you
- To analyse laboratory results
- To offer other services that we believe may benefit you unless you ask us not to
Information we hold and process
This will include for example:
- Your name, address and contact number
- Email addresses for sending veterinary documentation relevant to you, including laboratory results and account invoicing and statements.
How is the information collected?
The information we have collected from you has come from different places including directly from you signing up to Aran Vet Centre Ltd.
Information that you provide voluntarily
- When you register as a client, book an appointment, subscribe for products and apply for pet insurance you will be asked for essential information. This will include your title, first name, surname, postal address, telephone, email address, details of your pet and, if applicable, payment information. These are to helps us:
- Provide veterinary care to your pet;
- Register your details as a new client
- Process payments due to us (including for treatments for your pet)
- Contact you about your pet, account or credit status where required;
- Prevent and detect fraud
- Send you reminders about vaccinations, appointments, flea and worm treatments
- Respond to any issues or queries
Who will it be shared with?
We may share your information with other companies we work in partnership with to enable us to provide veterinary service to you as required. This would be for example, laboratories and the RCVS. We may also have to disclose and share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect your rights, or safety of our employees, our customers or others.
We will never sell your data to third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Data Accuracy and Security
Aran Vet Centre Ltd. will endeavour to ensure that all personal data held in relation to an individual is up to date and accurate. Individuals must please notify us of any significant changes to important such as contact details held about them. An individual has the right to request that any out of date, irrelevant or inaccurate information about them is erased or corrected (subject to certain exemptions and limitations) under the GDPR Law.
Aran Vet Centre Ltd. will take appropriate steps to ensure the security of personal data about individuals, including policies around the use of technology and devices, and the access to our systems. All staff are made aware of this policy and their duties under GDPR Law and will receive relevant training.
Retention of Data
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to do so (for example, because your personal data has been stored in back up archives) then we will securely store your personal data and protect it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Historically clinical records are advised to be retained for seven years, and records of POM-V and POM-VPS medicines to be kept for five years.
Your data protection rights
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data you can do so at any time by contacting the practice and putting the request in writing.
Any individual wishing personal data to be transferred to another person or organisation, should put their request in writing to the practice. We will respond within the statutory time limit of a month.
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You should be aware that the right of access is limited to your own personal data and certain data is exempt for the right to access. This includes information identifying other individuals. All requests will be considered on their own merits.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information please contact us at:
Aran Vet Centre Ltd., 28a High Street, Llanfyllin SY22 5AQ.